In these strange times, I want to ensure that anyone who joins me for a tour of York feels confident that The Deathly Dark Tour is doing all that we can to make the experience as safe and secure as it can be.
The Deathly Dark Tour is marketed as a "ghost tour", but it falls under the category of "open air theatre" or "outdoor promenade theatre" as you are watching a paid for performance delivered by a professional actor, and therefore is subject to the same guidelines as other outdoor performances such as live music, theatre or gigs.
Therefore, here are the steps and precautions we have taken and ask you to follow.
- Contactless / Paperless check in : The tour guide will ask for your name, and that's all you need to check in
- Cash is currently not accepted, but contactless payment is possible - although pre-booking is encouraged as spaces are limited to make social distancing easy - we cannot guarantee a space if you do not have tickets
- The tour guide will wear a face covering during check in, and where social distancing of over 2 metres cannot be maintained easily
- The tour route is currently adapted to remove any enclosed surroundings, and is performed in open spaces throughout to ensure easy social distancing
- The tour guide will check their temperature fifteen minutes before all tours, and if any symptoms are present visitors will be notified by phone that the tour will not operate and re-booking / refunds will be offered to anyone who has a tour cancelled
- The tour capacity is limited to 30 visitors, no more than 6 per booking / household and groups are responsible for social distancing and must avoid mingling with other households during the tour
- Contact details will be securely stored to assist track and trace, if you are tested positive for Covid-19 please contact me with your name and the date you attended the tour